RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Players will be at least 8 years of age to participate in league play. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Fall River Sports Network.
- Players will be divided (to the best of our ability) into evenly split teams based upon age, ability, and skill level. All player assignments will be the sole discretion of the Fall River Sports Network.
- A player may only be listed on one roster per season. A player may choose to play up one age division, but he/she cannot play down an age division.
- Players that miss more than 2 games in a season will be automatically disqualified from participation. (limited rosters spots are available).
- A player may choose to play up one age division, but he/she cannot play down an age division. Exceptions can be made at the discretion of the Fall River Sports Network.
- All players on each team must wear jerseys that are matching in color and which have a permanently affixed, non-duplicated number on the front and back of jersey. FRSN will provide jerseys for all registered individuals.
- Referees may ban any equipment that they deem as unsafe or illegal.
- Jerseys must be tucked in at all times during games.
- No jewelry may be worn at any time during the game.
III. PLAYING RULES
- Teams should be present twenty (10) minutes before game time.
- Playing time per game: Each player is required to play the equivalent of HALF of each game. (*This rule only applies to elementary, middle and high school teams.
- A starting line-up must be turned into the Official Scorekeeper 5 minutes prior to game time. Line-up must include last name, first name and jersey number.
- elementary An official game shall consist of: two (2) twelve-minute halves. The clock will stop at the 1st dead ball under 2-minutes of each half at which time the coaches may make substitutions.
- Middle school and high school: An official game shall consist of: two (2) sixteen-minute halves. Clock will not stop until the last minutes of the 1st half and the last two minutes of the 2nd half. NOTE : on the elementary and middle school level, teams may play 4v4 depending on number of players show up.
- The “three – second” lane violation rule will not be in effect for elementary Division Games.
- Full Court Press:
- Middle school & Below: Pressing is NOT allowed.
- High school and above: Pressing is allowed in the 2nd HALF ONLY.
- Mercy Rule:
- Middle school & Below: If a team is up by more than 20 points in the 2nd half, that team cannot full court press. They will receive a warning on the first incident and a technical foul on the coach for the 2nd.
- The ten-second rule for offensive teams to advance the ball past half court will be in effect during all games EXCEPT for Middle school & Below.
- Three Point Shot, all shots made behind the 3-point arc will be counted as such.
- Middle school & Below: Teams will receive 2 timeout per half
- High school & Above: Teams will receive 2 timeouts per half.
- Teams that don’t have a minimum of 4 players after a 10 minute countdown is considered a forefeit. the time will also be subtracted from the game with a point per minute late.
- All substitutes must check in at the scorer’s table and wait for an official to allow them to enter the game.
- FRSN reserves the right to approve/disapprove any team logo, language or uniform deemed lewd, vulgar, obscene or suggestive in order to maintain a wholesome environment conducive to providing quality leisure opportunities.
- Elementary Divisions, a player may not foul out. In Middle School & above divisions, 5 fouls committed during the game will result in that player having to set out the remainder of the game.
- Foul Shots:
- Bonuses: Will take effect in Middle School Divisions.
- After 6 Team Fouls, all fouls will result in a 1-1 shot for the player the foul was committed against. (Player will be given 1 shot, if it is made, they will be granted an additional shot. If the basket is not made, play will resume on the rebound of the shot if possible).
- After 9 Team Fouls, all fouls will result in an automatic 2 shots for the player the foul was committed against.
- All Team Fouls will reset at Halftime.
- Technical Fouls:
- Elementary Division a technical foul by a player or coach results in a change of possession. If a player or coach receives 2 technicals they will be ejected from the game.
- Middle School and Up a technical foul by a player or coach results in 2 shots and possession of the ball. 2 technical fouls by a player or coach will result in an ejection.
- A (2) two-minute overtime will be played at the end of regulation. If there is a tie at the end of the overtime period, A (1) one-minute overtime will be played. If there is a second over time, the game will go to a sudden death play. Sudden Death will be started with a Jump Ball in Center Court. Game will end after one team makes a basket.
- For the Overtime Period, Coaches will be given ONE additional time-out.
VI. STAFF INFORMATION/INCLEMENT WEATHER
VII. CONDUCT/DISCIPLINE POLICY
- Any player, coach, or manager ejected from any league game will be suspended for a minimum of one (1) league games.
- Players, coaches and volunteers who have been suspended must leave the basketball court and grounds immediately or the team will forfeit the game.
- Physical violence, especially attacks on a game or league official immediately before, during, or after a game, or fights/confrontations between players/teams will result in a minimum of one year loss of eligibility in all league play or indefinite suspension in all league play; subject to an annual review if requested.
- The referees/FRSN have the authority to remove players, coaches, or spectators from the game and/or forfeit the game due to unsportsmanlike conduct. Unsportsmanlike conduct shall include, but not be limited to, profanity, threats of any kind toward the referees or scorekeeper, fighting (before, during or after the game), or any flagrant foul as determined by the referee.